Community Literacy initiatives
Instructor. Student Workshop ⋅ 2020
- Invited by Kristi Maxwell and the Creative Writing Department at the University of Louisville.
- Facilitated two one-hour generative writing sessions with students of Aletha Fields at Iroquois HS.
Facilitator. “In Other Words” Louisville Literary Arts Free Community Workshop ⋅ 2019
- Design and develop all workshop materials, lessons, and writing prompts
- Coordinate with LLA, Frazier History Museum, and WXOX Radio to develop LLA’s first free community workshop & reading https://www.louisvilleliteraryarts.org/community-workshops
Producer + Curator.Kleinhelter Gallery Invitational ⋅ 2019
- Partnered with local art gallery to host a public reading for local writers and artists
- Bring attention to the poetic form and the art gallery after its grand re-opening
river city revue
Founder, Producer, + Curator. Reading Series ⋅ 2016-Present
- Oversee all event planning, scheduling, and networking of the series
- Pursue interactive community partnerships (LGBTQ+ Groups, Young Authors Greenhouse)
River City Revue started as a free monthly reading series at The Bard’s Town featuring established and emerging poets and musicians. To facilitate more community-building, RCR now features as pop-up events at various places throughout the Louisville area.
River City Revue as a reading series has received recognition in Insider Louisville, Louisville.com, WFPL News, 91.9 WFPK Radio, and at Louisville Literary Arts Writer’s Block Festival. In this leadership role, I actively pursue interactive community partnerships that have led to directing and coordinating workshops designed to reach and serve marginalized and underrepresented voices of Louisville.